ARCC® v10.3, Apollo’s newest version of our Enterprise Imaging platform, provides encounters-based workflow for point of care ultrasound (POCUS)
While traditional ultrasound imaging is conducted in an orders-based system, emergency departments work under different criteria and cannot afford to wait for an order to be processed. Using the POCUS process (with arcc) streamlines not only the patient care process, but also patient outcomes. There is no need to wait for an order – imaging can occur immediately during care. This can save hours of physician time, reduces steps during the care process and provides efficiency gains for the staff.
What benefits can you realize by implementing an encounters-based workflow for POCUS?
- No need to wait for an order – imaging can occur immediately during care
- Technical workflow compliments clinical workflow
- Reduced total exam time
- Minimized data entry errors
- Improved compliance for documentation
- Increased charge capture for both professional and technical fees
- Provide higher transparency of care
- No dedicated QC person / process